Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/M/F/D/V) / Drug Free
||Min Start Pay:
||Pay commensurate with relevant
||1051 SW 1st Ave Ocala, FL 34471
||Includes Medical, Dental, 401K, PTO, Paid
Life / STD/LTD, & EAP!
|Job Summary /
Mon-Fri, 6am to 2:30pm
Rotating weekends, holidays and
on-call as required.
Open until filled.
Function as Senior Medical
Technologist transfusion service in the Ocala, FL area.
Perform all duties of Medical Technologist/Transfusion while
providing leadership to transfusion staff.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Transfusion staff
- Assist with maintaining relationships with client
hospitals that is focused on providing excellent customer
- Serve as a resource for information on technical inquiries from
- Communicate with department supervisor regarding issues and/or
- Develop and write SOPs; perform EQs
- Follow the clinical laboratory’s procedures (SOPs) for specimen
handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining
records of patient test results
- Adhere to the clinical laboratory’s quality control policies
and document quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and maintenance performed
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the clinical laboratory’s established performance
- Participate in proficiency testing samples and ensure that
these samples are tested in the same manner as patient
- Recognize problems with instruments, reagents, test results
and/or supplies and initiates problem solving procedures.
- Address client-related questions and problems in a courteous
and efficient manner, following department policies and
- Participate in training of new employees and students in
appropriate technical areas
- Exercises professional judgment in evaluation, specimen
integrity, result accuracy and inter-result validity and takes
corrective action as necessary
- Degree from an accredited college/university
- Current Florida Clinical Laboratory Supervisor License in
- Transfusion experience
- Computer and instrumentation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Prior team lead or supervisory experience preferred